"the places you visit is one thing, the people you meet and spend it with is a whole different thing that completely defines the whole meaning of it" - chi

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bonfire with the Locals

After eating dinner and before ordering the booze. I went back with my mom to our room to get my iTouch and sneak the cigar from my bag and went back to the Pinikpikan House were I left Kimi with Awingan.

After ordering a few bottles which Kimi put downs like water, Awingan invited us to a bonfire at the back of the restaurant. There, we met some of the locals who are also tour guides during the day. I was never a heavy beer drinker so I let Kimi and Awingan drink all they can. One of the locals who is kinda like the leader of their organization named Gustavio (I think that is his name.... ???) told us about some history of Sagada and some local stories. Since I'm a big fan of horror and ghost stories, I did not hesitate to ask him if they had some. But he told me they never believed in ghost but instead believe that if they felt something, it is part of their natural surroundings and what if it is a presence, they never considered it a ghost because it was once one of them. Could be their relatives or a close friend.

Kimi is starting to get drunk, so she was brave enough to ask somethings to the locals and a paper and a pen. Kimi wants to throw all her misery to the fire so she wrote it all in a paper, humoring her, I did the same thing since I was also feeling like a mess during that time. After she throw her paper into the fire a spooky thing happened, the smoke suddenly just blown to her face, then she stood and moved to another spot but the smoke followed her again... guest her misery does not want to leave her yet :p

A moments later, one of the local tried to hit on me .. o_0 .... yes he did. He asked where we were staying and if he could come by later. Good thing a new group of tourist came, so we had an excuse to go back to our room. I do not want to be rude because were on a different place.

No comments:

Post a Comment