"the places you visit is one thing, the people you meet and spend it with is a whole different thing that completely defines the whole meaning of it" - chi

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Foodie: Zubo Chon Lechon

During our stay in Cebu, my mom has been telling us that we should try Cebu's Lechon, the one without sauce. I told her that is it the same with Chick Boy's cebu lechon. She said "no" and that it was way better. She told us that she found an article about it on one of the in-flight magazines and that she remembered that it was located somewhere called "magallanes st." .... not sure if that's the one. The first night of our stay in Cebu, before deciding to call it a day, we tried to look for it. We even ended up asking the police about cebu's lechon but they kept pointing us on a different one. Tired and hungry, my ended up eating at McDonalds then head back to the inn. Morning came and we immediately departed for our trip to Bohol. When we came back to cebu from bohol, my mom insisted that we should look for it again. My brother and I agreed to look for it. We asked these one security guard to one of the hotels if he knows a place named Zubo Chon. We told him the street and pointed us to the right direction. He told us that it's on a "Mango 1" compound, across the "Mango 2" and that we can easily spot it because they had a sign on the side of the street. So we walked for a few minutes then finally found it.



I was like, what!!! when I saw this
We take a looked at the Menu and was a bit confuse which is which, If I remember it correctly, everything has Zubo Chon -_- , even Dinuguan. When we saw the part with price per grams, we guessed that it's probably the lechon and we were right. We ordered about 1/2 kilo I think and some adobong kangkong for veggies. While waiting for the order, I took some shots inside the restaurants.






When the food arrived, first thing I did was take some pictures. :)

Zubo Chon's Cebu Lechon


and told my mom and my brother to drink some pineapple juice after we eat. So, as I watched my mom and my brother tasting the lechon, all they said was... "uhm.. sarap". I look at it closely inspecting for something unusual from the usual look of a lechon since I'am not very fond of it before I tasted it. First thing that I noticed that it doesn't look pale or under cooked. It looked perfect, perfect enough for me to try it. I tasted eat and chewed slowly to savor the flavor and ingredients. I tasted some large amount of rosemary that probably eliminated the taste of raw pork, some hint of ginger I think and other herb and spices that's common for cooking. As the food depleted our tummy became bloated. After finally, eating my mom's craving, we headed back to the inn but dropping by first a convenient store to buy some pineapple juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment