"the places you visit is one thing, the people you meet and spend it with is a whole different thing that completely defines the whole meaning of it" - chi

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Foodie: Tsiboom!!!!!!!!!!!

After exploring the Lapu-Lapu Shrine, we felt more hungrier than before. We took a jeep from the Shrine and trusted fate that it will take us were we needed to go which is to Mandaue City. Bothered by the long jeep ride, my Mom and I tried to look around to look for clues to see exactly where we are. Still trusting the instruction of the cab driver, we waited for it to stop on a terminal. Finally, we saw a terminal. The Mandaue City Park Mall. We got off the jeep and went inside the mall to have a quick restroom break. Afterwards, we went looking for a place to eat. My mom saw this restaurant that says something about native foods. So we went inside and had a looked on their menu. We didn't expect that the food here is super awesome.

Make sure you visit

We ordered their version of Paksiw na Tanigue , Sizzling Bangus, Bicol Express, Pork Binagoongan, unlimited rice and Iced tea.  Oh yes, were hungry.

One of the best home made Iced tea ever!!!
These iced tea is super awesome. I'm not usually a fan of unknown made iced tea but this one, I'm speechless to how good it was.

Paksiw na Tanigue
I forgot the exact name of this food, because it's named in Cebuano, but if you ask what it is, it's their own version of "paksiw na isda" One of the best paksiw I have tasted. It's sour and the fish is fresh. If I'm not mistaken, it also has a hint of coconut milk which makes it a little sweeter. Definitely 2 thumbs up.

Pork Binagoongan



My mom and my brother was very fond of these dish. They said that it was the best Binagoongan they have tasted. Not too salty of not even fishy. For me it was ok, I was enjoying more with the paksiw. :)

Bicol Express

Their version of bicol express has some chopped string beans (sitaw) , chopped chillies and some pork. I was also enjoying this dish because it's not the spicy. Our fourth dish, the Sizzling Bangus, sad to say we didn't got a chance to take a picture of it. But, that bangus dish was simply mouth watering. Of all the food the we ordered that day, that one simply is the number one.

Looking for authentic food around cebu was a little hard. Or maybe we just didn't know where to look. We all decided to have a lunch at Tsiboom again before we leave for Manila. On our day of departure we ordered Adobong Pusit (without the ink), Lechon Kawali, Laing, Salt and Peppered Shrimp and unlimited rice and iced tea. :)

Adobong Pusit

They have 2 version of adobong pusit. One is without the squid's ink, the other one has. So I decided to order the one without the ink. The squid is so fresh and tender. Definitely a must try.

Lechon Kawali

Not just your typical lechon kawali. Liked I said, everything about this restaurant is so much yummier.

Laing

I also enjoyed eating this one, I'm a little picky when it comes to Laing, but this is also a must try. Our fourth dish, the Salt and Peppered Shrimp has no picture too. But, also a mouth watering dish for all the Shrimp lovers. It's fresh and crispy and yummy.

So if your planning to visit Cebu, make sure you drop by the Tsiboom Native Restaurant at Park Mall Mandaue City

No comments:

Post a Comment